Concise Accountancy

Accountants and Registered Auditors

Company names and incorporationOverseas company in the UKsetup limited company

Accounting Council

Accounting Council, Actuarial Council, Audit and Assurance Council and Corporate Reporting Council are sensitive expressions. Use of these expressions in your company or business name could imply a connection with a government department, a devolved administration or a local or specified public authority.

If you would like to use the following expressions or anything similar in your company or business name, you must provide a letter or email of non-objection from the Financial Reporting Council to Companies House.

  • Accounting Council
  • Actuarial Council
  • Audit and Assurance Council
  • Corporate Reporting Council

Financial Reporting Council

AddressFinancial Reporting Council
8th Floor
125 London Wall
Source: GOV.UK

Company name availability check

You can use the Company name availability checker to check if your proposed company name is still available for registration.

How to register a company?

Concise Accountants provide company formation services. Our accountants will handle the incorporation of your limited company from start to finish. We will also advise you whether your supporting evidence is sufficient to support the use of the above sensitive expressions in your company name.

Universally, your company’s registered office must be a real address. Companies House would not accept P O Box numbers as your registered office address.

Maintain your limited company

You would have to submit a few documents with the UK Authorities every year.

Firstly, at every anniversary of your company, you are required to prepare and submit your confirmation statement with Companies House. The confirmation statement is a snapshot of information about your company shares structure, directors, shareholders and registered office.

On the same note, you must also inform Companies House if your company details changed. For example, you appoint a new director or your registered office address has changed.

Additionally, you must submit your company accounts to Companies House and HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC). For HMRC, you must include your corporation tax return together with your company accounts.

Other sensitive or reserved words

Click here for other sensitive words that require you to obtain a consent to use in your company or business name in the United Kingdom.

Share this post

%d bloggers like this: